SmartSense for Wildfires
Improve Air Safety Decisions During Wildfires
Increase employee protection and minimize business interruption, with innovative cloud-based PM 2.5 particle monitoring
|While wildfires in California dominate the news, they affect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico. Your employees’ safety against toxic compounds created by wildfires is paramount, and the health implications of breathing wildfire smoke cause understandable anxiety. The challenge for employers is how to keep safety first, while minimizing business disruptions. California’s emergency regulation, “Protection from Wildfire”, Section 5141.1, set the standard for worker safety by requiring employers to protect workers from wildfire smoke hazards. Businesses throughout North America are wise to pay attention to these guidelines to assure worker safety and maintain business operations.
Cloud Remote Sensor Monitoring,
Means Innovative, Efficient Wildfire Air Analysis
SGS SmartSense now offers employers an innovative, localized monitoring solution for wildfire particulate measurements, providing a more accurate way to determine when measures should be taken for employees’ safety and avoiding costly downtime. Connected to the cloud, it brings advanced intelligence to critical decision making.
SGS SmartSense capabilities include:
- Continuous monitoring to assure you have the data you need to make actionable decisions
- Identification of specific analytes as the makeup of VOCs detected by a PID sensor
- Sample capture capability for laboratory validation and compound specification
- Sampling activation by preset automatic levels or manually on any phone, tablet, or PC
- Direct read measurements of PM1, 2.5 and 10, PID, CO, CO2, SO2, O3, H2S, NO, H2 as well as Temperature, Humidity and Pressure and more
- Integration with SGS LiveView, a comprehensive digital dashboard to assess and manage streaming real-time environmental conditions analytical data
When you need to be sure, SGS SmartSense sets the industry standard with unrivaled professional sensors that provide the data needed to help protect workers and your business.
SGS SmartSense services offer:
- Data 24/7 for indoor air quality, perimeter and task monitoring, construction, hospital, and nuisance air complaints
- Monitoring of any site from anywhere in the world, on any connected device
- Receipt of alerts from affected sites
- Access to actionable data right at your fingertips
- Demonstration of safe air conditions immediately when data is within guidance
- Easily deployable, simple to install
- Connects automatically to our cloud platform for a LiveView of your data with drill down features to display exactly what is going on at each sensor, location, or region.
READY TO ORDER?
Click below to choose from our four pre-configured options or build your own to request a quote today.
See how our clients are using SmartSense:
California Emergency Wildfire Smoke Regulation Protects Workers from Outdoor Pollution Using SmartSense
Situation: Workers for a U.S. warehouse group were exposed to outdoor conditions in warehouses with constant in/out traffic. The company wanted to ensure OSHA/Cal wildfire regulation compliance with AQI for PM2.5 less than150, to protect workers, while also preventing loss of hundreds of thousands of dollars per hour in business interruption.
Solution: SGS Galson installed more than 100 SmartSense units with particle measurement sensors across over 50 facilities (indoor+outdoor), to ensure workers were working under healthy conditions. A color-coordinated warning system plus text/email alert were utilized.
Results: Safe working conditions at the facilities were exhibited, minimizing employee concerns and maximizing logistical operations without disruption. SmartSense is still monitoring and the project scope has expanded to other countries the company operates experiencing wildfires.
Investigating Remnant Pollution from California Wildfires Using SmartSense
Situation: Parents in a Los Angeles school district became worried about remnant pollutant emissions students may be exposed to from burnt foliage remnants from the 2018 wildfires.
Solution: SGS Galson installed over 10 SmartSense units surrounding the schools of concern for time spans ranging from three months to one year. Sensors equipped with CO, CO2, H2S, PM2.5 and 10, and select units equipped with a sampling system to speciate particulate makeup. Because all cell tower infrastructure was destroyed in the fires, a school WIFI network was used. Remote 24-hour monitoring, automated sample capture took place, with downloadable data collected.
Results: Traditional efforts would have taken five to seven people and over six different individual pieces of equipment. The school system was able to assure student and faculty safety.
For more information or to request a SmartSense cloud remote sensor monitoring system demonstration, contact our award-winning client service representatives in many ways:
- Call toll-free at +1 888 432 5227
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connect immediately with IHLive chat
- Text in real time at +1 888 432 5227
Complete the form below to request follow up information: