Sampling & Analysis
Formaldehyde Home Testing Kit
With formaldehyde’s classification as a known human carcinogen (cancer-causing substance) by the International Agency for Research on Cancer and as a probable human carcinogen by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, SGS Galson, a world leader in industrial hygiene analysis and monitoring solutions, is offering a simple kit to test formaldehyde levels in homes.
Formaldehyde is a colorless gas that is added to, or integrated into, many household products and is known to cause adverse health effects. Formaldehyde in the home can come from many sources including wood flooring, carpeting, drapes, furniture, foam insulation, molded plastic, cigarette smoke, cardboard and paper products. Health organizations such as OSHA, EPA, ACGIH, and various state agencies have imposed or suggested airborne limits on the amount of formaldehyde a person should be exposed to.
ABOUT THE KIT
There are three kits available:
- One Badge Kit – Determine the level of formaldehyde exposure in your home. Cost is $99.99.
- Two Badge Kit – This kit allows you to determine the difference between rooms where laminate flooring exists and rooms where it does not. Cost is $179.99.
- Three Badge Kit – This kit also allows you to determine the difference between two rooms AND includes a field blank for better defensibility. Cost is $249.99.
Note: The kits do not provide absolute proof of the source of formaldehyde if it is present, but it will let you know if it is or isn’t above the recommended levels.
After you have submitted your kit for analysis your will receive the results of your kit in three days or less. Your results will be published in a report and will include the following information:
- Cover Letter
- AIHA Accredited Analytical Results in PPM
- Explanation of your results detailing the exposure level in your home and if it is ‘Detected’ or ‘Not Detected’.